Zoe is a ♀ girl’s name.
What is the origin of the name Zoe?
Zoe is a name of Greek origin.
What does the name Zoe mean?
Zoe means “life” (from ancient Greek “zōḗ/ζωή”).
Zoe can also be spelled Zoé, Zoè or Zoë. Other similar variants are Zoey, Zooey, Zoei, Zoya, Soye, Zoja, Soja, Zoi, Zowie, Zooey and Zoie.
Popular middle names for Zoe are Louise, Rose, Joy, Amy, Grace, Jane, Elizabeth, Anne, Ann, May, Mae, Marie, Mary, Catherine, Victoria and Kate.
Famous people named Zoe
- American actress Zoe Saldana (born 1978) is especially known for her role as Gamora in the Marvel movie “Guardians of the Galaxy”.
- British actress Zoe Boyle (born 1989) is known for her roles in TV shows such as “Sons of Anarchy”, “Downton Abbey” and “Frontier”.
- German singer songwriter Zoe Wees (born 2002) had international success with her hits “Control” and “Girls like us”.
- American theater and movie actress and writer Zoe Kazan (born 1983) has played roles in over 30 productions.
- American actress, writer and director Zoe Lister-Jones (born 1982) predominantly plays smaller roles in TV shows.
Fictional characters named Zoe
- On the TV show “Hart of Dixie”, protagonist Dr. Zoe Hart is played by Rachel Bilson.
- In the movie “Killing Zoe” from 1993, protagonist Zoe is played by Julie Delpy.
Pronunciation of Zoe
Variants of the name ZoeZoè Zoé Zoë
Parents who like the name Zoe also likeMia Emma Noah Liam Ella Sophia Emily Isabella Olivia Ava Sophie Charlotte Amelia Lily Mila Grace Lucy Hannah Alexander Ethan
Popularity of the name Zoe
The name Zoe is ranked #68 overall. It is very popular with parents-to-be and is often chosen as a baby name.