Mael is a ♂ boy’s name.
What is the origin of the name Mael?
Mael is a Breton name of Celtic origin.
What does the name Mael mean?
Mael has the meaning “prince” or “chieftain” (from Celtic “mael”).
The French variant of Mael is Maël. Other ways to spell Mael are Maél or Máel. Female versions of Mael are Maela and Maelle. Anagrams for Mael are Alem, Amel, Elam, Elma, Emal, Lema, Male and Mela.
Popular nicknames for Mael are Ma, Malli or Melly.
Famous people named Mael
- The Danish model Mael Dalla-Zuanna (born 1988) is one of the most popular male models world wide.
- The New Caledonian soccer player Mael Kaudre played for the New Caledonian national soccer team.
- Mael Sechlainn Mac Carmaic was an Irish musician in the 14th century. His social standing was relevant enough to be noted in the Gaelic Annals.
Bishops named Mael
- Mael Brigte Ua Herurain, Irish Bishop from 1205.
- Mael Duin Of Cennrigmonaid, Scottish Bishop
- Mael Isu I. Scottish Bishop in Cennrigmonaid.
- Mael Muire, Scottish Bishop in Cennrigmonaid
- Mael Isu II. Scottish Bishop in Cennrigmonaid
- Mael Isu Mac In Baird Irish Bishop in Clonfert
- Mael Muire O Connaig Irish Bishop in Kilmacduagh
- Mael Muire O Lachtain, the fourth Archbishop of Tuam from 1235 to 1249.
- Mael Patraic Ua Scannail, an Irish Roman-Catholic Bishop of Raphoe from 1262 until 1272 and later Archbishop of Armagh.
Fictional characters named Mael
- In Anne Rice’s 13 book series “The Vampire Chronicles”, Mael is a legendary ancient vampire. His character is mostly irrelevant to the story.
- In the book series “Malazan Book of the Fallen” by Steven Eriksen, Mael is a God of the Sea.
- The fallen archangel Mael is a character from the anime “The Seven Deadly Sins”.
Pronunciation of Mael
Variants of the name MaelMaél Maël Máel
Parents who like the name Mael also likeMaël Naël Noah Liam Nael Milo Noé Jules Raphael Gabriel Maëlle Léo Mila Malo Aaron Louis Mathéo Mathys Maé Lyam
Popularity of the name Mael
The name Mael is ranked #512 overall.