Zeke is a ♂ boy’s name.
What is the origin of the name Zeke?
Zeke is a diminutive of the biblical name Ezekiel that is of Hebrew origin.
What does the name Zeke mean?
Zeke means “God will strengthen”, “God strengthens” and “God’s Strength” (from Hebrew “el/אֵל” = God + “chazák/חָזָק” = to be strong).
Zeke is can also be spelled Zeek.
Famous people named Zeke
- Former American ringer Zeke Jones (born 1966) is a 1991 world champion. He also won the silver medal in 1992.
- American jazz-trumpeter Zeke Zarchy (1915 - 2009) was known as a member of the Glenn Miller Orchestra.
- Zeke Rowe (born 1973) is a former British striker in the British football league.
- Former American football pro Zeke Robert Markshausen (born 1987) played for the “Kansas City Chiefs”.
Fictional characters named Zeke
- One of the saber toothed cats in the animated movie “Ice Age” is called Zeke. He is voiced by Jack Black.
- In the Netflix-Show “Ozark”, the newborn of the character Pastor Mason Young, played by Michael Mosley, was named Zeke.
- In the popular anime “Attack on Titans”, Zeke Jäger is the older half-brother of protagonist Eren Jäger.
- Zeke Baylor, played by Chris Warren, is a character from the “High School Musical” movies.
- In the dystopian book series “The Divergent” by Veronica Roth, Zeke Pedrad is a friend of main character Tobias “Four” Eaton.
Pronunciation of Zeke
Popularity of the name Zeke
The name Zeke is ranked #9000 overall.