Lillie is a ♀ girl’s name.
What is the origin of the name Lillie?
Lillie is a short variant of the name Elizabeth, which is of Hebrew origin.
What does the name Lillie mean?
Lillie means “God is abundance”, “God is my oath” and “God has sworn” (from Hebrew “el/אֵל” = God + “shéva’/שֶׁבַע” = oath/seven = number of abundance).
Lillie can also be spelled Lilly, Lilli, Lilie, Lily, Lili, Lyli, Lylie or Lylli.
Popular nicknames for Lillie are Lil, Lila and Lizz.
Popular middle names for Lillie are Ada, Anne, Belle, Beth, Camille, Claire, Ember, Emma, Francesca, Grace, Hope, Joy, Marie, Paige and Zara.
Famous people named Lillie
- American Jazz singer Lillie Delk Christian (1896 - 1966) was famous for recording with Louis Armstrong’s Hot Four in 1928.
- Former American sprinter Lillie Leatherwood (born 1964) was an Olympian medalist. Since retiring from professional running, she is working as a sport instructor for the police.
- American Country Blues singer Lillie Mary Glover (1906 - 1985) was also known as “Big Memphis Ma Rainey” oder “Ma Rainey #2”.
- American R&B singer Lillie Arlene Nicole Jade McCloud (born 1958) is better known as Nicole McCloud. She has released five studio albums.
- American writer Lillie Pierce Voss (1876 - 1967) was inducted into the Florida Women’s Hall of Fame in 2013.
Fictional characters named Lillie
- A companion character in the games “Pokémon Sun” and “Pokémon Moon” is named Lillie.
Pronunciation of Lillie
Variants of the name LillieLili Lilli Lilly Lily Lyli
Popularity of the name Lillie
The name Lillie is ranked #57 overall. It is very popular with parents-to-be and is often chosen as a baby name.
Lillie in the Top 50 Names